Sandelman Software Works was formally founded in 1996 by Michael
Richardson after a number of years of less formal work. Sandelman
Software Works does consulting and contracting in TCP/IP networking
and Unix systems. The company has done work in network design,
network security and network security products. While security is
the primary focus, systems internals (specifically device drivers)
and software/hardware interfaces are secondary areas of expertise.
Sandelman Software Works is an open source shop
Do you need to contact us?
Areas of excellence
- unix internals
- device drivers, data acquisition systems, network protocol stacks.
- network security - access control
- policy creation, firewall evaluation, installation, or maintenance.
- network security/network architecture
- How should you design your network to maximum both usability and
security? You might be interested in the setup here.
- secure systems creation/maintenance
- we have a lot of experience building very secure service
machines; web servers, email servers and the like. Unix/Linux based,
or even NT. How do you maintain such systems? Can your firewall help?
Or hinder? We've been there, done that. We put the emphasis on
building systems that are maintainable.
Protocols and Standards
- IETF standards: smtp, pop, imap, ftp, http, ssl, ssh, https, nntp, dns
- rsa, pgp, x509, ldap, ipsec
- X-windows, XFree86, quagga, innd, bind
- Linux: Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, RHEL, CentOS
- Solaris, NetBSD/*, AIX, HP-UX, OSF
- Wind River: VxWorks, OS/9
- VMWare, XEN, KVM
Rates depend on the job, and the total time commitment
for more information.