Re: Draft Charter IPSEC WG

Given the ongoing work in CAT and PEM has significant key management
aspects, I wonder if a separate WG might be a good place to develop a
key management protocol that is already proposed to live in the
application layer?  I would hate to see the network layer focus of
this WG cause a key management protocol to arise which might be too
layer 3-centric.  Of course close co-ordination would need to be
maintained between two the WGs if a separate KM WG was formed, to
ensure that the resulting protoco, adequately supports the
requirements of a layer 3 security protocol.

Steve