Re: Draft Charter IPSEC WG

Steve,

Excellent. I have no real desire to reinvent the wheel - I am only
pointing out that one single key management protocol may not be
enough.  There will probably need to be a variety of key management
protocols, each designed for different environments. E.g., one for
"slow" unidirectional communication, e.g., email, and a "better" one
where "fast" bidirectional communications can be assumed, e.g., IP
layer security.

Nevertheless, I do believe that the way to actually accomplish
something in this group is to start building and experimenting with
prototypes ASAP.  One can study the problem to death only for so long
before the users revolt and start building their own ad-hoc solutions
that themselves become the standard (witness PGP and even TCP/IP
itself).

Phil