Re: IPSEC starting point

It seemed to me like we ought to _at least_ seriously consider using the SDNS work, including
the SDNS Key Mgmt mechanisms, as a good base to work from.  Other considerations aside,
a lot of work has been done on that and as near as I can tell, all of the US DoD will be moving
in an SDNS-like direction (which means that leveraging that work should help the availability
of commercial implementations that would eventually [preferably soon] be really interoperable.

I haven't studied the SP3 and NLSP documents side by side recently, but am doing so now.
If someone had an existing summary of differences that they could post to this list, it would
be generally useful,  I think.

Ran
atkinson@itd.nrl.navy.mil