Re: >FWD- Re- FYI IPSEC WG C

From:  Paul_Lambert@poncho.phx.sectel.mot.com (Paul Lambert)
>Donald,
>
>Do you have a specific change you would like to see made in the charter,
>or can your comments be addressed within the scope we have documented?
>
>I agree that we need to have some form of *manual* key management for
>the initial IPSP draft.

If the current charter is interpreted broadly, and this "application
level" key management protocol can be interpreted to allow
consideration of DNS retrieval of public keys or agreement via a new
protocol number (or with new ICMPs) to either use manual key
distribution or securely exchange sessions keys and the like, then I
guess I can live with the charter.  This means I assume that I can
submit a proposal which includes the possibility of host A sending a
datagram to host B which is marked as authenticated using a public key
retrievable from the DNS and the proposal will not be rejected merely
on the grounds that it is outside the charter.

Donald