Date: 14 Jan 93 10:59:12 -0800
From: Jim Zmuda  <zmuda@mls1.hac.com>
To: Paul_Lambert-P15452 <Paul_Lambert@poncho.phx.sectel.mot.com>
Subject: Some things to add to Internet NLSP profile

Paul,

One of the things that we have found lacking with the NLSP spec is the fact
that encapsulating the entire TCP/IP header means that TCP port numbers are
no
longer available in the clear at routers.  And many routers (CISCO), as well
as network monitors, read the TCP port numbers to do things like
protocol-based routing.  E.G. let TELNET and RLOGIN packets take priority
over FTP packets.

Jim Zmuda