Re: Forwarding: ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC6 London Meeting ( OSI v TCP/IP status update )

I don't like the approach of the convergence protocol because I'm
going to need to have Secure IP running over very low bandwidth
tactical links (circa 2.4Kbps).  I just cannot afford any overhead
that can be avoided.  If we adopt the NLSP _mechanisms_ but adapt
them for IPv4, there should be less overhead and my tactical links
will be much better off.  I should note that TCP/IPv4 is currently used
successfully over RF links.

Let's not get distracted as a group into the IPv6/7/8 issues.  Let's
avoid the convergence approach and just adopt the security mechanisms.

Regards,

Ran
atkinson@itd.nrl.navy.mil