our "secure ip" protocol

I have been working on IP-level security with Matt Blaze and Phil
Karn, and it is at a stage where we can present it to the community.

We have developed swIPe (note the typography), a network-level
security protocol for IP. swIPe provides IP-level authentication and
encryption (A&E), and cleanly separates A&E mechanism (the protocol
itself) from key management and policy enforcement.

We have built a prototype implementation of swIPe which runs under
SunOS and Mach, using DES for encryption, MD5 for authentication, a
simple key management scheme, and IPIP encapsulation for the actual
transmission. We hope to give a demo (hardware permitting) at the
upcoming IETF in Columbus. An Internet-Draft is also in the making.

Can we have a slot at the ipsec WG meeting at the Columbus IETF to
present this work?

Thanks,

/ji

--
In-Real-Life: John "Heldenprogrammer" Ioannidis
E-Mail-To: ji@cs.columbia.edu