Re: our "secure ip" protocol

        Reply to:   RE>our "secure ip" protocol
ji,

It sounds great!  I'll reserve a slot on the agenda!

>I have been working on IP-level security with Matt Blaze and Phil
>Karn, and it is at a stage where we can present it to the community.
>
>We have developed swIPe (note the typography), a network-level
>security protocol for IP. swIPe provides IP-level authentication and
>encryption (A&E), and cleanly separates A&E mechanism (the protocol
>itself) from key management and policy enforcement.
>
>We have built a prototype implementation of swIPe which runs under
>SunOS and Mach, using DES for encryption, MD5 for authentication, a
>simple key management scheme, and IPIP encapsulation for the actual
>transmission. We hope to give a demo (hardware permitting) at the
>upcoming IETF in Columbus. An Internet-Draft is also in the making.
>
>Can we have a slot at the ipsec WG meeting at the Columbus IETF to
>present this work?
>
>Thanks,
>
>/ji

For now the time for the presentation will have to be fairly short - about
10 to 15 minutes.  We currently have at least three other implementations
that will be presented!

We also need to spend some time on key management to establish our
groundwork.  Perhaps we will need two slots at the IETF.  If anyone els
wnats time on the agenda please let me know very soon.  I'll try to post a
agenda late next week.

Paul