Re: IPv4 Security

   Date: Tue, 20 Apr 93 10:42:13 PDT
   From: zmuda@mls1.hac.com (Jim Zmuda)

   First, the proper focus for our discussion is requirements.  And the
   requirement I was placing on the table for discussion was simply: "Is
   it worth rolling our own format, or can the NLSP format work for IPSP
   (without objectionable performance penalty, of course)?"

My feeling is that the NLSP format should _not_ be considered a
requirement.  If it meets the desired requirements and is otherwise
technically better than the other formats, then fine.  But at this
stage, it doesn't seem apropriate to make NLSP a requirement --- as you
said, the proper focus for our discussion is requirements, and there
does not seem to be a technical justification for such a requirement at
this point in time.

						- Ted