RFC1108 vs SAID

Be careful about distinguishing between different RFC1108 labels and
SAID values.  1108 only specifies 4 levels to be used in the Basic
Option.  The Authority field is sometimes re-used as a poor-man's
compartment field, but I'm not sure if that results in different
keys.  The Extended Option is clearly for compartments, but again
I'm not sure that requires different keys.  Summary - if different
keys are only required for different hierarchical levels, then 1108
only defines 4 values.

Backing up a little bit, let's rethink the requirements again.  It
seems like a single level is adequate for commercial concerns from
Phil's point of view.  The CIPSO people included support for more
levels than 1108.  Which user community are we trying to solve this
problem for?  We can't say how large the SAID would be (or even if
it is needed) without that answer.

Tom Benkart
Acc Systems