Re: IPSEC Agenda

Comments on the agenda...

1. I agree with Ran that conference control is not what needs to be
addressed in the IPSEC WG meeting. Instead the -shortened- item of
"multicasting" is the requirement/consideration at the network layer for the
scalability of secure conferencing. For secure conferencing, the security
services of data confidentiality and data origin authentication should scale
well for datagrams addressed to large multicast groups. (Furthermore, the
time to process the datagrams should be minimal.)

2. I am curious how much interest there is for traffic flow confidentiality
as a ip security service. (I would appreciate any feedback on this addressed
directly to me or to the group.)

--Stuart Stubblebine
stubblebine@isi.edu