Re: Use of DNS to distribute keys

> If so, it leads me to wonder whether proposals for broadening the
> use of the DNS might actually want to consider construction of
> a parallel DNS for non-core operational use.  (Where's the line?
> I don't know.  With no hesitation, I'd guess that key distribution
> can be(come) a core service.  But it isn't now.  Mumble.)

I dont see anything wrong with putting more "host related information"
in DNS.  What's dangerous is to try to extend the idea "domain
name" to include more than just "things with IP addresses", "things
that appear after the @ in email addresses", and "administrative
breakpoints".

In other words, it might be risky to add PEM information to DNS,
but it would probably not be risky to ad IP security information
to DNS.

brad

Follow-Ups: References: