Re: draft spec and pilot implementation

 On Sun, 19 Sep 93 13:56:35 EDT ,
       atkinson@itd.nrl.navy.mil (Ran Atkinson)  writes:
>   There is no consensus on what the IP Security Protocol should look
> like.  There are at least 3 serious contenders.  I am told that part
> of the US DoD is funding development of IP/NLSP implementations.  A

 I read K.Robert Glenn's mail in this ML that I-D of I-NLSP would come.
It isn't yet submitted past 8/30/93, but I expect it will come soon...

> trio of researchers in the private sector have already developed a
> prototype called "swIPe".  The SP3 security protocol is commercially

 I also expect I-D of "swIPe" will come soon.
Two of above researchers will publish a paper of swIPe in the
Proceedings of USENIX 4th Security Symposium. I obtained the
PostScript version and found [6] in reference might be I-D.
Is this right?

> available now (as in the US Navy uses SP3 daily to protect sensitive
> traffic).

 Is there a person working to write the I-D of SP3, or the I-D
of SP3 will continue to be unavailable?

>   There are no known Internet Drafts of any sort relating to the IP
> Security work, at least to my knowledge/recollection.  This is clearly
> a serious standards process problem in this working group because lack
> of I-Ds (and the de facto reliance on sundry NIST and ISO specs) makes
> the process less open to peer review on the Internet and is not normal
> IETF procedure.

 Agreed.
--
                                                          Takashi Tazawa