Al Hoover steps down

-----BEGIN PRIVACY-ENHANCED MESSAGE-----
Proc-Type: 4,MIC-CLEAR
Originator-ID-Asymmetric: MFMxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEwJNRDE
 kMCIGA1UEChMbVHJ1c3RlZCBJbmZvcm1hdGlvbiBTeXN0ZW1zMREwDwYDVQQLEwh
 HbGVud29vZA==,03
MIC-Info: RSA-MD5,RSA,NwBGsjttV8/2cC7nwzrHWt0MBQUBigMV+gpuDGwcV4/
 AEsEuH/Z2mMDgB6r2OAO1jaFsqIgns72OYcOh7abf0BGhzuVk+DPSzJz2S1BHKfz
 ySh/nqR2nO8Pi1plnsqgM

Folks,

Al Hoover is loaded down with ANS work and has had to withdraw
as co-chair of the IPSEC WG.  Al's message and my reply are attached.
We have benefited from Al's help in starting this work, and I'm deeply
grateful for his participation and stimulation.

I have asked Paul Lambert to consider whether he wants to chair the WG
himself or have some help.  I suspect help is desired, and anyone who
feels the urge should contact Paul and/or me.

This WG is central to the overall strategy of the Security Area and
hence to security improvements in the Internet.  It's my feeling this
WG is at a critical juncture.  I've asked Paul to re-examine the
charter and recalibrate the schedule.  I'd like to see this happen
within the next few weeks.  We'll be meeting in Seattle at the end of
March.  I'm expecting noteworthy progress by then.

Thanks,

Steve