Re: IPsec near term work

At 17:03 2/1/94 -0500, Ran Atkinson wrote:
>I'd like to suggest that the most important work item for the group
>is not the IPv4 security protocol itself, but rather an Internet-standard
>key management protocol.

I beg to differ.  IPv4 security protocol is useful even without a key
management tool; you just have to live with manual key management.
Therefore IPv4 security protocol is useful by itself but the key management
protocol is not.

This is not to denegrate the need for a key managment protocol; one is
badly needed for the general deployment of the IPv4 security protocol.

Brian Lloyd, President                         Lloyd Internetworking
brian@lloyd.com                                3031 Alhambra Drive
(916) 676-1147 - voice                         Suite 102
(916) 676-3442 - fax                           Cameron Park, CA  95682