Re: IPsec near term work

Steve Kent says:
> 	The PGP web lacks a formal model that relates it to the real
> world.  My personal view is that individuals have great difficulty
> codifying their model of trust and making it rigorous enough to fit
> this sort of model, especially since PGP calls for each individual to
> do this on a local basis.

Although this was not the focus of your message, I thought I ought to
point out again at this juncture that although PGP itself operates on
this basis, the Web-of-Trust model need not force individuals to
operate this way. In particular, organizations might be free to set up
default trust arangements for their users.  This has the advantage
that users and systems that should be more restrictive (or more
generous) in their trust may be flexibly accomodated -- or not as the
tastes of the organization go.

Perry