Re: swIPe stuff

Paul Mockapetris says:
> Its hard to avoid the impression that attempts to sell users on
> various types of security without privacy on technical grounds are
> really trojan horses for policy issues.

You've said that far better than I possibly could have.

I will also point out that time is limited. Firms such as the one that
pays me have billions a day riding on the integrity of their
internetworks -- I say that without the slightest degree of
exageration. Wall Street, to name just one user group, will only wait
so long while various groups debate how to please everyone -- the time
is very near when one or more of them may develop their own in the
absense of a standard and deploy it widely. The costs involved are so
trivial to such firms, and the problems being addressed so incredibly
important, that it is only a matter of time before this happens if the
IETF does not get into gear on a real, end to end encrypted IP
security protocol -- and no, authentication is not sufficient when
someone could make millions front running your trades.

Perry