Re: Two keys to differentiate directions

Donald,

>>  I think the simplest answer is not to use the same key for both
>>  directions.

This would work but it is a wasteful solution. A much simpler and
more efficient solution is to have a clear direction indicator,
this is also simpler to reason about, and is a standard and well
known technique. In particular you could use the sender/recipient in
the authenticated information (although it is enough, for this purpose,
to use only one bit e.g. do I have the lower or higher address).

best, Amir Herzberg