Re: IMAP r 4

> Hi, could somebody give me some pointers to the
> "Internet Message Access Protocol" version 4 ?
>
> How did it start ? Any special message sequence or API, etc ?

	It is email oriented message-access-protocol, though it
	can be used for other similar uses (like reading news).

	Send a question to:
		imap-request@cac.washington.edu
	(ask to join to the list, and/or for logs of past
	 discussions, there is a lot information available,
	 including pointers to sample APIs.)

	At the moment IETF-draft repositories contain two
	draft-ietf-imap-* -documents regarding IMAP4.

	/Matti Aarnio	<mea@utu.fi>