Re: Granularity of authentication in swIPe

	 You seem to think that swIPe should not be standards track.
	 (Unfortunately, its difficult to know people's intent in EMail because
	 so much of the context and tone is lost -- please let me know if my
	 assessment is wrong.) Do you have objections to the way swIPe does
	 things? Please say so if you do -- that way they can be worked on and
	 the improvements will benefit everyone. If you would like a copy of
	 the code, I'll be happy to send that to you so that you can experiment
	 with it along with the rest of us.

I haven't had a chance to unpack the Usenix disk yet; as I recall, though,
swIPe has a one-byte keyid, which is unacceptable to me.  It also has a
packet sequence number, which is a rather dubious construct that needs
a *lot* of debate, at the very least.