Re: swIPe available for FTP.

I'm going to forward your comments on to ji; Matt is already reading
the group. There should be an explicit statement in the definition
that packets not conforming to a policy should be dropped. If I'm
using a policy for communication between two hosts on a particular
higher level service, if it isn't encrypted in the policy it should go
on the floor -- possibly after having been logged.

There IS a way for the higher levels to determine what policy is being
applied to packets -- via ioctls in the implementation. The interface
should perhaps be better documented.

Perry

smb@research.att.com says: