Re[2]: Granularity of authentication in swIPe

Phil:

I see you contradicting yourself.  Perhaps I am misunderstanding you.

On one hand, you say that you want to keep the SAID small.  You suggest 16
bits.  On the other hand, you want add sequence numbers for a faciltiy
which you claim is not "bulletproof."

Also, I think that the SAID structure must support IP broadcast and IP
multicast. For this reason, I want a larger SAID (say, 32 bits for
compatabiltiy with the IEEE 802.10 Secure Data Exchange and Key Management
Protocol).  Management of broadcast and multicast keys within the Internet
will require a large pool of SAIDs.

Russ