Re: SIPP and SKIP. 2 subjects.

Jim,

	I think Perry captured the essence of the arguments.  The SAID
is THE selector used by a recipient to pick the key and other
parameters for processing an inbound packet.  Provcessing of outbound
packets may be specified in different ways, depending on whether the
processing is provided in the end system or an intermediate system.
As Perry noted, there needs to be a well-defined means of specifying
SAID selection for outbound traffic, e.g., values from the IP header
(and maybe the transport layer header) that cause one SAID to be
chosen over another.  I believe that we need to specify the allowed
selectors as part of the IPSP spec, and then an implementation can
employ whichever ones are appropriate in its context.

Steve