Re: SIPP and SKIP. 2 subjects.

Ashar Aziz says:
> If there is something that we can come up with, in terms
> of a specific proposal and software to support that, that
> makes it easy to transition from one mechanism to another,
> then I am all for it.
>
> Is there a concrete  proposal that exists now,
> or that someone is working on, that meets these requirements
> of generality? Are you in the process of writing such a
> proposal? Any pointers to documents, even in draft form,
> would be appreciated.

No proposal currently exists, to my knowledge. I believe that one is
needed, but I would also agree that we can't wait very long for
one. I've posted my (EXTREMELY rough) notion of what such a layer
would look like, and I would suggest that some of us hash out the
notions, possibly in private.

Perry