Re: SIPP and SKIP. 2 subjects.

Ashar,

	While I certainly agree about the problems of establishing an
infrastructure, let me observe that we will almost certainly have
multiple certificate systems in place among the (hopefully) wide range
of prospective users of IPSP.  For example, while a certificate signed
with RSA and containing a D-H public key is one reasonable candidate,
the DoD is establishing a certificate system win which there are
certificates signed by the DSS and containing a KEA public key (plus a
DSS public key for signing).  So, there are at least two obvious
certificate systems that could be widely deployed and which use
different key exchange algorithms.  Thus some means of specifying what
algorithms are being used, even if they cannot be "negotiated" seems
like an essential aspect of the security association establishment
protocol.

Steve