Re: SIPP and SKIP. 2 subjects.

Ashar,

	Thanks for clarifying the concern re SAID use.  I feel that I
have to read the material on SKIP to better understand how general it
is and whether accommodating it in IPSP is worth adpoting a different
mode of SAIDs.  When I alluded to the general notion for SAIDs, I was
referring to not only that of SILS, but also NLSP and other
association- oriented security protocols.  I'm preparing some text on
the topic so that folks can see exactly what I think this general model
is, as there are some subtle aspects of it that don't seem to have been
well articulated in any of the dicusssions on this list, and in several
other fora.

	I don't mean to suggest that other approaches to SAID use
should be ruled out at this point, but I'd like to understand whether
there are other, comprehensive models for SAIDs that also are generic
with regard to key management.  It may be the case that we can't come
up with an SA management model that meets all of these goals, at which
point we may have to decide which goals are most important as a means
of selecting an SAID model.

Steve

Follow-Ups: References: