Re[2]: reserving some SAIDs

Perry:

> The model, as I understood it originally, was that SAIDs were
> assigned by the receiver in any way the receiver saw fit. Is
> there a really good reason to abandon this?

On the contrary, there is a really good reason to keep it the way that it
is.  If you look at the draft IEEE 802.10c key management protocol, you
will see that each party tells the other party what SAID it has assigned to
the security association.  This is simple and straightforward.  There is no
reason why both ends need to use the same SAID for the security
association, but they do need to know the SAID that each other has
assigned.

Russ