Re: reserving some SAIDs

Well, I kept saying, "we shouldn't call this a SAID, or people will
confuse it with other protocols which call it SAID, and mean something
different".

We should come up with a better name: sign me up for the "I hate
acronyms (IHA)" party.  Let's just call the field "Security
Association".  We can pronounce it "essay" when we are lazy.

I suggest we reserve only 0, 8000000, 7ffffff and fffffff; this will
avoid confusion with 802.10.  We then should prohibit their use for IP,
allowing them to be used by the other security protocols.

After the problems raised by Phil, I agree we shouldn't have "well known"
SAIDs.  I don't see how it would even help trusted one-shot DNS requests.

Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu