Re: >Re[2]- SIPP and SKIP. 2

>>	 	DEC devised a clever way to use per-SA keys, without

>Note- DEC has patented this clever technique.

Right. Also, I can't get too excited about a technique that saves 8
bytes in a table by sending it over and over again in each packet.
But maybe that's because I care about irrelevant things like
"bandwidth" and "overhead". :-)

Speaking of patents, the US Patent Office is accepting comments until
the end of August on whether the current standards for
"non-obviousness" ought to be tightened. (Is the Pope Polish?)  Since
I suspect many of you also have opinions on this topic, I thought you
might like to put them into writing where they might do some good.

For some time I have seen the PTO much like the drunken drivers who
stagger away unhurt from one fatal wreck after another, oblivious to
the destruction they cause. Since a large part of the solution to both
alcoholism and bureaucratism is simply admitting that one may actually
have a problem, I take the PTO's solicitation as a hopeful sign.

Phil