Re: IVs, summary of discussion

	 So I guess the question is, does the BSD IP send routine allow its
	 caller to specify its own ID field? If not, can it be easily modified
	 to do so?

All I have conveniently accessible is the SunOS source.  In it, it would
be an easy change; there's already a flag parameter passed to the
ip_output routine.  For that matter, there's currently a `forwarding''
parameter; if it's set, the id field and a few other fields are assumed
to be set already.  One could overload its meaning, I suppose.