Re: IVs, summary of discussion

Ran,

	I assumed that Phil was proposing to use the fragment ID from
each packet to act an an IV for a packet.  If the packet is NOT
fragmented enroute, as I suggested in a memo a while ago, then this ID
provides sufficient context to decrypt each arriving packet,
irrespective of order of arrival.  So, in that context, I'm confused
by the comment you attribue to Jeff re OFB vs. CBC mode and packet
arrival/loss problems.

	Note my comment about the importance of not having packets
fragment enroute.  If fragmentation can occur before and after
encryption, then there is ambiguity in the reassembly/decryption
process.  Also, one is left open to denial of service attacks if
enroute fragmentation is allowed.

Steve