Re: IPSEC requirements

> From: Marcus J Ranum <mjr@tis.com>
> 	I know I seem like I'm throwing a lot of wrenches into the
> works, but I'd like to point out that there are lots of good reasons
> for using restrictive application-dependent firewalls. That, in fact,
> is why I was careful to open the discussion on trust boundaries in
> IPSEC versus firewalls.

Look, this is clearly outside the scope of this group.  Please stop
bothering me with it.

We are dealing with IP Security, not some other kind.  We don't give a
damn about "restrictive application-dependent firewalls", whatever the
term du jour.  (I'd call them Moats, or Keeps, or something else.)

Please, can we discuss Ran's Authentication draft, and (if he would ever
get it done), Perry's Encryption draft!

Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu