new draft should not be written

> From: Paul_Lambert-P15452@email.mot.com
> There will be a draft late this week.  A new editing team is scrambling to pull
> it complete it.

Paul, and whoever the new team is, please don't bother to write a draft
days before the meeting.  We are past the deadline for submission.  It
will not get distributed.  It will not be read.

Instead, please come to the meeting with a list of unresolved issues.
Let's tackle them, and THEN we should assign someone to write it up.

> The draft contains a 32 bit SAID field.  The top order bits will be reserved (5
> or 6 high order bits set to zero) to allow for possible Version Number, PDU
> Type, and multicast bit.

That is an issue we could raise.  But I will note that is not what we
are doing for IPv6, so it may very well be a waste of time.

Let's keep SAIDs as SAIDs, and have other fields if we can articulate a
clear need for them.

As for versions, we haven't gotten version 1 done in 10 years.  I don't
think we need to worry about version 2.

Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu