Re: IPSEC at Dec IETF

> Presentations are currently scheduled to discuss the proposals for IPSP (a new
> I-D will be out next week).

I propose we abandon IPSP.

I propose we accept Ran Atkinson's IPv6 Authentication Header draft for
IPv4 without any changes.

I propose we accept Ran Atkinson's IPv6 Encapsulating Security Header
draft for IPv4 with a small change, which is to move the next header,
length and padding information to the trailer.  This is similar to what
Karn has been demonstrating for a year now, and nobody else has come out
with anything better!

> Several presentations and demonstrations of
> experimental implementations of IKMP are scheduled.  The focus of the IKMP
> discussions will be on comparing the proposals and creating a consensus
> approach.

Hopefully, Karn is one of the presentations.  I saw his work at Qualcomm
yesterday, and was impressed.  He's got it to be quite fast, even
compared to last meeting, folks!

Any other presentation had better have running code, or we certainly
shouldn't consider it.

Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu