Re: Re[2]: IPSEC at Dec IETF

On Dec 1,  3:51pm, Paul_Lambert-P15452@email.mot.com wrote:
> Subject: Re[2]: IPSEC at Dec IETF

> It looks the group has reached a branch point in the IPSP. We need to decide if
> IPv6 purity is more important than efficiency.
>
> I would be very interested in learning the opinions of other implementors.
> We have at least a dozen lurking around.

My opinion is that this working group has 2 responsibilities. That is,
to implement something soon, and that must be IPv4 based. The next step
is to implement an IPv6 version. Now, these 2 versions may be very
similar, but they are not necessary to be 100% the same.

There may be advantages to making them very different so that neither
have to implement features that are unnecessary.

In any case, the IPv4 version is time critical because, as we have all
been told, the internet is dire need of security -now-.

jim

Follow-Ups: References: