Re: Re[4]: IPSEC at Dec IETF

Paul_Lambert-P15452@email.mot.com says:
> >However, I think that at this point
> >everyone agrees that what we are going to be left with is virtually
> >indistinguishable from Ran's drafts ....
>
> I do not fully agree.  It is true that the basic format was fairly
> well determined at the last meeting short of a few bytes here or
> there.  Beyond the format there are issue areas that need to be
> expanded in a document.  Error handling, management information,
> decryptor discovery, and multicast SAID usage are areas that now
> need description.  Hopefully putting the format issues to rest will
> allow the group to move forward on these other areas.

I fully agree that there are deficits in areas such as these in the
current documents that need repair, but I would rather have these
added on as supplements to a single set of documents or modifications
to those documents than end up with two sets. The IPng need to solve
all the same problems, and as with the formats it would be nice to
have just one set of defining documents.

Perry