No Subject

jwlowe@VNET.IBM.COM says:
> At this time, IBM believes that the only IBM patent relevant to
> the proposal is US Patent #5,148,479 and its non-US counterpart
> patents and patent applications.  The agreement between IBM and
> each licensee will specifically reference, but will not be
> limited to, this patent.

If this implies that there has to be an explicit agreement signed by
each developer and user I think the terms are still not entirely
acceptable. It will mean that vast amounts of paperwork will be needed
to actually deploy the standard. I strongly urge you to set this up so
that no interaction with IBM is needed on the part of any entity using
these protocols in an internet context.

.pm