No Subject

Date: 5 December 1994, 13:25:15 EST
From: CIRCJWL  at RHQVM07
To:   perry at imsi.com
Subject: IBM Patent Rights Offer/USP #5,148.479

I appreciate your interest in keeping the paperwork and interaction
among IBM and licensees to a minimum, but I think each party is better
served by assuring that each is in concert as to the terms of the
agreement and that such terms are enforceable.  A signed agreement
accomplishes these aspectsand will not consign any single party to "vast
amounts of paperwork toactually deploy the standard (accept the rights
IBM has offered to grant)."We have considered your points while deciding
on this offer, and are confidentthat paperwork and needless procedures
will be minimized if the IBM proposal isadopted and licenses are
requested and granted.  We do not wish tosacrificelegal effectiveness
for simple "ease-of-entry into a relationship" features,by eliminating a
written confirmatory agreement based on a documentthat willbe posted on
Internet for review by prospective grantees prior totheirrequesting and
commiting to sign the specific agreement..cc ipsec amir gerry dick