IBM Patent Rights Offer/ USP #5,148,479

Willis, thank you for your note regarding Perry Metzger's response tomy
posting of the letter to IPSEC.  I am not familiar with the IEEEEthernet
802.3 offer, so I don't know whether IBM's offer is similarto what was
offered or granted there.  However, the IBM offer appliesto developers
and users who believe that they need or wish to have agrant of rights of
the type setout in my letter.I hope you receive a copy of my reply to
Perry, as it too is postedto IPSEC.  Each party that wishes to receive
the rights IBM has offeredto grant should be willing to invest a minimal
amount of time to assurethat there is no misunderstanding of what is
being granted or received,and that the grant is definite and legally
enforceable without question..cc amir gerry dick