SKIP patents will be in public domain

I am happy to state that Sun management has asked me to make the following
statement regarding the SKIP patents.

1. The SKIP patents (when they issue) will be placed in the public domain.
Anyone may use it if they wish, with no rights or dues pertaining to Sun.
There will be no need to license SKIP patent rights.

2. Sun Microsystems did this to help the industry make progress in the
area of security. We view this as an indication of our willingness to
promote open standards.

I thank all of you who publicly commented on this issue, because your
comments helped bring about this change in Sun's policy.

Regards,
Ashar.