Re: SKIP patents will be in public domain

Ashar Aziz says:
> I am happy to state that Sun management has asked me to make the following
> statement regarding the SKIP patents.
>
> 1. The SKIP patents (when they issue) will be placed in the public domain.
> Anyone may use it if they wish, with no rights or dues pertaining to Sun.
> There will be no need to license SKIP patent rights.

Chalk one up to Sun. We should thank the folks there for listening to
and ultimately coming to an understanding our concerns. If this is
really the case, the patent based impediment to using SKIP has been
completely addressed.  I can only hope that other firms see the wisdom
of Sun's decision and decide to follow along the same lines.

Perry