Re: IBM US Patent #5,148,479

As a member of the IPSEC WG who is unable to attend this IETF meeting,
I'd like to suggest that adoption of any of the key management
proposals on the table at this IETF would be premature and, based on
the usual level of new attendees, inappropriate.  It is nice that IBM
and Sun have offered to make their patented technology available for
use in the Internet under very reasonable terms, but the adoption of
an Internet standard key management protocol is a complex undertaking
and the level of traffic that has passed on this mailing list so far does
not lead me to believe that concensus agreement has been reached on the
requirements for such a standard, much less the details.

Steve

Follow-Ups: References: