Re: Diffie-Hellman (note by Hugo)

Perry E. Metzger says:
> James P Hughes says:
> > 3. Over the lifetime of a standard (10 years or so), something that is
> > marginal because it is processor intensive now, and will be not at all too
> > expensive in the future. This is better than a standard that is just fine
> > now and not enough (compared to feasable other algorithms) in the future.
> I could not agree more. What seems slow now will seem trivial in five
> years.

Come on, people! WHo tells you there will be IP 10 years from
now? How about 5 years? Maybe we all will go ATM?

Let's get back to the point of getting secure IP, and not
on CPUs available after 10 years, but TODAY. Should I
spell it, now? (:-)

As a hint: I do suspect any standard we happen to agree upon
will be absolutely useless after 10 years. [Of course unless
we keep going the current pace, - then 10 years sounds quite
reasonable milestone :-]
--
Regards,
Uri         uri@watson.ibm.com      N2RIU