Re: Proposal: Perfect forward secrecy a MUST

Ashar Aziz says:
> Having open long-term open security associations with a large
> number of managed entities at the management station is not a
> particularly inviting prospect, considering that rebooting
> a management entity requires re-establishing all those associations.

True as that is, rebooting a management station as it stands is a huge
problem. As an example, SPECTRUM from Cabletron takes quite a long
time to restart -- long enough that I am not sure anyone would notice
the association re-establishment time.

> I believe the proposal I made at the meeting comes close to this
> overhead.

I must admit to not having studied that portion of your proposal in
sufficient detail -- I ought to dig out my draft again.

Perry