Re: key management

>you're right that for many situations a "user" certificate is what's
>appropriate.  But for some situations an IP address or host-name
>certificate is more appropriate.  There is nothing that precludes us from
>using both.  Let's not limit ourselves to using only one.

Absolutely not. I've left the "ownership" of a certificate completely
arbitrary. That certainly seems to cover all the bases.

More specifically, for expediency and also because I like it, I'm
using the existing PGP public key infrastructure. The convention there
is that keys are owned by people who identify themselves with email
addresses, but absolutely nothing in PGP enforces this -- user IDs can
be arbitrary text strings with any meaning you choose to give them.

Phil