Re: randomness & perfect forward (or proactive?) secrecy

Phil,

> >Phil, is your stuff public-domain? In this case we'll like to merge the
> >two systems as they appear to be exactly complementary. Or, maybe you can make
> >some parts public?
>
> I intend to place my Photuris stuff completely in the public domain once
> I'm done with it. I haven't released any code yet mainly because it's
> still a quick hack that's not done.

That's great!

But, I ment the randomness samplying sw, not Photuris (or would it also be
part of Photuris?). If that's going to be public, let me suggest we consider
to merge it with the Network Randomization Protocol (NRP) which we have
already put in public domain (software.watson.ibm.com/pub/security/nrp.tar).

As to Photuris vs. MKMP and other key management proposals, I would like to
work with others to converge; I like many things about Photuris, and if
the WG is not too shy of the performance costs, I'll be happy to have all
of its functionallity (for long term keys), together with the efficiency
and security of MKMP (for short term keys). I'm also flexible on supporting
also a non-interactive SKIPish mode. There are some technical tradeoffs
and alternatives which we should discuss together and decide on (in particular
as Ashar have noted I see some advantages to authenticating the DH by
another DH key rather than RSA - but again I'll like to discuss the
tradeoffs which do exist).

Best, Amir

Follow-Ups: References: