Re[4]: key management

Perry:

> Quoting Padlipsky, "Do you want protocols that look nice or protocols
> that work nice?"

As always, Mike has a unique way of putting things.

Anyway, I realize that efficient protocol implemntations often smush the
layers.  However, it must be done in such a way that interoperability is
not impacted.  The examples that you describe in your message provide
increased effieiency without any impact on the syntax or semantics of the
remote end.  However, the use you describe of the SAID might impact the
distant implemntation.  I think I have already given one example.

Russ