Re: Few SwiPe questions

swIPe is aging badly but I'll happily answer (as best as I can) your
main question....

Kate Marika Alhola says:
> Then few simple questions. The "Arhhitecture ..." document says, that
> Swipe uses IP protocol 94, that is defined IP over IP tunneling protocol,

The documents in question are very closely tied to the swIPe prototype
that was built.

The prototype used 94, but 94 is really meant for other
things. Remember that swIPe was more a proof of concept than something
"cleaned up" and designed for use. 94 is really for IP in IP
tunneling, not for swIPe. The prototype stole it because, well, it was
there.

There is work going on to turn the swIPe prototype into something that
looks a lot more like IPSP.

I'd discourage people from using the existing swIPe for anything but
applications that need to be run *today*.

Perry