Re: Clarification: NRP's licensing status & IKMP

Donald and all,

Please understand: I'm NOT proposing that NRP would be a part or mentioned
in ipsec standards!! (IPSEC standard should mention your `randomness RFC';
I'll be happy if you do mention NRP in a future release
of your randomness RFC, of course, since I find this RFC a very useful
discussion.)

I only mentioned NRP in IPSEC since I believed that many in that audiance
would be interested in such a tool to get secure random numbers even if the
attacker can peek into internal seed values... I've tried to make it clear
from the very beginning that this is just information and not a proposal
(how could it be? it is not doing any key management...).

BTW, I'm not sure yet if this was a mistake. Quite a few got the wrong
impression that I propose that NRP would be involved somehow with the
ipsec-generated standards, but also quite a few people seem to be really
interested in NRP...

Best, Amir

(To the interested: following your questions/requests, we'll be putting in
software.watson.ibm.com/pub/security also some relevant papers in addition
to the tar file with the sources and manual, see the
read.me file or do ls since I'm undecided about names etc.)

Enc: msg from Donald